Please help with LTE connection issues

About 50% of the time when I go from a non-LTE service area to an LTE service area my full service doesn’t return; I have no text or data capabilities, but I can make and receive calls. When this happens, my phone shows an icon of full signal strength, with the expected “LTE” on the upper left, but with a small “X” in the bottom right (as seen in the attached image). The only way to get full LTE service back is to restart my phone. Where I live, this can happen frequently during a 10 min drive, and is frustrating.

Why is this happening? Is there some way to make sure it transitions properly when going in and out of service areas?

I am using a fully updated Moto X4 that I purchased last year from republic wireless.

Thank you for your help!

Hi @katherinep.wglvan,

I’m sorry to see you are experiencing coverage issues. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I’ve taken a peek at your account, and based on the address you have on file, it appears that your coverage would be improved by replacing the SIM card in your phone.

We offer coverage on either of two cellular networks. While for the most part they overlap, in some areas one network may have better coverage than the other. The area you live in is one such example.

There is no charge for replacing the SIM card, and your phone number will not change. In a few cases after replacing a SIM card, a factory reset of the phone is required. This is not always the case, but in preparation you may want to go ahead and make sure your personal content such as photos are backed up.

I’ll follow up with you about a few additional details privately by Help Ticket. Please let me know if you don’t see that message within a few minutes of this one.

Message an
Expert customer