Please simplify International Travel

international

Can someone give me a simple tutorial on using my phone in Europe? I’ve read the SIM card stuff and such but it is beyond my capability. Please simple “what to do” for a Moto Z ANdroid 7.1.1. Thank you.

Did you read this guide; International Travel with a Republic Phone

It was written by another Member. If you have questions ask them as a comment there. It is hard to be specific if you ask such a broad question.

to call or text back to US and Canadian numbers one just has to connect to open WiFi
to call local numbers (European) on needs to get a local SIM and swap the SIM, you will lose the ability to call US and Canadian numbers (and texts if you are not using the Republic anywhere app)

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I have a couple of quick questions:

1. Where would I get a local SIM card? I will be in Spain, Italy, and France. Will I need three SIM cards?
  2. To call the US on WIFI, do I need to dial a country code or just the phone number?
  3. To send a text, what is the protocol? Can I just use my contacts list or do i need to add a country code?

And thanks again.

Where would I get a local SIM card? I will be in Spain, Italy, and France. Will I need three SIM cards?

there is free roaming in Europe so one SIM should cover all these counties

To call the US on WIFI, do I need to dial a country code or just the phone number?

when the Republic SIM installed one would just dial as if they where in the US

To send a text, what is the protocol? Can I just use my contacts list or do i need to add a country code?

with the Republic SIM installed or from Republic anywhere app one would just text as normal (from the 10 digit US/Canadian number or from contact list)

You have been fantastic! Thanks so much. Where do I get the European SIM card?

one would need to deal with a European cell company (I have not been there in the age of smart phones and have no personal recommendation

https://www.google.com/search?q=european+cell+phone+carriers&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS716US717&oq=european+cell&aqs=chrome.3.0j69i57j0l4.10713j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.