Poor cellular service

How come I have poor cell service and my husband has good cell service? We can be sitting right next to each other at the same location!

Hi @krystalb,

The Community would need to know more to answer your question.

What phone are you using?
What phone is your husband using?

What kind of SIM card is in each?
If you are on the My Choice plan, see this article for help answering that question:

2 Likes

My phone - Moto G6
Sim - GSM

My husband’s phone - Moto G Play 4th Gen
Sim - CDMA

Thanks @krystalb,

You’ve identified the cause of the difference in cellular service. We partner with two cellular carriers to provide service and your and your husbands phones are each served by different carriers.

If you want the same cellular coverage on your phone that your husband’s phone enjoys, please open a help ticket and explain that your husband’s CDMA-equipped phone has good service that you’d like on your phone, and provide the details requested in this help article:

2 Likes

What is the difference between the two?

Thank you! I have contacted them.

1 Like

Hi @krystalb,

I don’t know how to describe “the difference.” We partner with two different companies to provide cellular service when you don’t have Wi-Fi. Each one has its own towers and its own areas of Excellent/Good/Fair or no coverage.

Some of our members are equally happy being served by either carrier, however, in some areas, one carrier or the other has noticeably better coverage. It appears you are in an area better served by the carrier whose service comes with the CDMA SIM card.

1 Like

Republic’s CDMA partner is Sprint
Republic’s GSM partner is T-Mobile [though Republic’s contact with then does allow them to say it.]

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer