Poor service/reception

When I am traveling between New Bern, NC and Dover, NC, and when trying to place a call I keep getting a message that states “No cellular service available …”. Sometimes I can restart the phone and I get cellular service. This problem seems to be fairly recent. In the past I did not have this problem and rarely got the “no cellular service message”.
Is there something different going on? What could the problem be?
I have a Moto G6.
Would love to hear some comments about this situation. Thanks…

Hi @eugenew.axr5tz,

As a starting point:

Please let us know if you see GSM or CDMA as the SIM type?

I have GSM.

Hi @eugenew.axr5tz,

Please allow me to provide some context regarding Republic’s coverage options. Republic provisions cellular coverage with one of two network partners. One partner operates a GSM network and is T-Mobile. Republic’s other partner operates a CDMA network and is the now T-Mobile owned Sprint. The companies have merged but the networks remain separate. Cellular coverage is provisioned with one partner or the other not both simultaneously.

Generally, the GSM coverage your phone is presently provisioned with is weak to non-existent in and around both Dover and New Bern. I believe you’d have a much better experience if the provisioned coverage on your Moto G6 is switched to CDMA. Here’s now to ask for that:

Message an
Expert customer