Popup message OMADM Client_Sprint_Client

Some of us in Sonoma County, N.CA are getting this message: “OMADM Client_Sprint_Client” which is a popup with an ok to click to make it go away. I have not experienced any associated issues but we want to know what it is. My ISP, Sonic.net has no answer.

See this thread:

This is obviously caused by someone messing with the code that switches RW phones from wifi to using the Sprint backup network. Right?

Sprint knows nothing about it, my ISP Sonic.net knows nothing about it, RW knows nothing about it…who does? I will not do a factory reset as it deletes all my data and settings and causes other issues from what I have read on this forum.

Moderator’s note: Profanity, even creatively-spelled, is subject to moderation according to our Community Guidelines. Please help us keep our Community a family-friendly forum.

A factory reset does take some time especially updating the apps after the reset. As far as data is concerned, Google has your mail, contacts and calendar backed up by default. If you use the Photos app your photos are here:

Music is not backed up. My music, however, is in my iTunes folder and I can effortlessly copy it back to the phone… If you use the Anywhere app for messaging on your computer and phone your messages are all backed up too.

Is there some other data that concerns you?

Thanks.
In reading topics for factory resent, people have complained about such
issues as the battery is weakened, playstore doesn’t work properly and
some apps are not uploadable…among other stuff…

How do you know about what my phone does? Are you with RW?

I am not an RW employee. I’ve been participating in the Community for about 5 years now. I’ve factory reset the Defy XT, the Moto X (1st Gen), the Moto X (2nd Gen) Moto G4 Plus, the Moto G5 Plus and the Samsung S&, most of these several times. My sole purpose here is to help you solve this problem.

If you choose to factory reset your phone carefully follow the screen prompts. After the reset it will most likely have to update the Play Store app. If so, you will find a link to that in the pull-down shade. Take your time and let the phone update apps as necessary, a process that can take about an hour. When you no longer see activity on the phone go the Play store and check for updates.

Thanks billg.
I will do the reset when I have time, part of my frustration is too many things to do!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer