Hello, I am going to be porting out my number/line to another carrier (my elderly parents want me on their carrier because sometimes our phones don’t reach each other). I have 4 other lines on my account that I want to remain open. Will porting out my number cause the entire account to close? I was the main number on the account and added other lines after I saw that this one worked (years ago). Thank you.
there are no issue porting out the “Main” or “1st” number(line) on an account, the account will stay open as long as there are numbers(lines) on the account
That’s really kind of you to do that.
If you will describe the issue at hand with you and/or your parents not being able to reach each other, perhaps the community might be able to help debug the issue. Once you port out, I wonder if you would have similar issues contacting the remaining 4 lines on your RW account.
To help narrow things down, and hopefully give you a direction to fix the problem some additional info would help
- Which phone are you having problem (the one your moving to the folks carrier)?
- As a beta user, it is probably the one you save the 10% on.
- When this fails, can you determine if you were on WiFi or Cell?
- If WiFi, has your phone been idle for some period of time?
- Does it fail only when they place the call, when you place the call, or both ways?
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.