Ported Number on Feb 2 - Can't send or receive MMS

What phone do you have? Google Pixel 2 XL

What plan are you on? My Choice + 2GB per month

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data 2 GB

Issue Description

I am not able to send or receive group texts or picture messages from non-republic customers (seems like an MMS issue). I can send/receive regular text between all other major carriers except for Sprint. For sprint I can receive regular texts, but the other users are not receiving my regular texts. I am using android messenger. I have had a ticket open with republic for days without resolution even after trying to reactivate, clear data, etc.

I’ve reset my phone to factory as well and this didn’t fix the issue. I also do not get any errors at all when the messages are sent from my phone. the other person just never receives the message if it is a picture, or if its in a group text.

Republic app opens and works without issues. I am using android messenger. The issue occurs on both wifi and cellular.

0 Likes

Can you start by sharing what text messaging App you’re using? Do the problems exist both on wifi and cellular? Does the Republic App on the phone open normally without any error message?

1 Like

Republic app opens and works without issues. I am using android messenger. The issue occurs on both wifi and cellular.

0 Likes

I want to double-check on the app. It is this one? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging with the icon that looks like this: :messages: ?

1 Like

Yes that is the one - I’ve also tried republic anywhere and pulse messenger.

0 Likes

I’m going to say that this is something that support is going to have to fix on the backend. What’s going on with the ticket that you created? Are you still working with support or have you just not gotten a reply or what?

1 Like

Hi @jamesr.70bqzc,

Your ticket has been escalated to engineers at the provider we partner with. We are still awaiting their action.

This will not be an issue the Community can resolve for you.

2 Likes

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer