Problem receiving videos clearly on Motorola G7 play

What phone do you have? Motorola G7 Play

What plan are you on? My choice talk and text…no data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? just talk and text

Issue Description

Can’t say when I noticed it, but when my son sends me a video from his Moto G5 Plus phone it is blurry and fractured. Sound is fine. When my daughter sends a video from her iphone 10 it is very small rectangular and I can’t make it any larger. Picture is clear, though.
Why are these happening? Especially the blurry ones from my son? It’s android to android, even Motorola to Motorola phones! I am missing out on videos of my grandson who just turned 5 months old!
The reviews on the camera when I bought this phone said it was decent. I know that doesn’t have anything to do with videos coming through my text messages but can someone help me figure out why this is happening? It’s not like we all have old old phones. Thank you.

Update: his videos come out same way when he sends them to his sister who has the iphone10. Is this his phone issue, then?

Hi @aileenc!

Are these videos being texted to you or through another means?

Through text

Hi @aileenc!

Thanks for the reply!

That explains it. Videos look absolutely terrible when they are texted to you due to compression.

I would recommend finding a different way for them to share videos with you of your grandchildren. One option could be using Google Photos. If you have them upload the videos to Google Photos and then share them with you via Google Photos, the quality should be much better. Dropbox and Google Drive are other options.

Does that help?

1 Like

I do use Google Photos. I don’t know if my son does but I will talk this over with him. Thank you

1 Like

Ok. Sounds good! Let me know if you have any other questions!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer