Problems making calls over cell

What phone do you have? moto g7

What plan are you on? my choice talk and text

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? just talk and text

Issue Description

I noticed the problem today. When I try to make a call over cell I cannot hear any ringing on my end. Most of the time the call will not go through at all although sometimes it will ring at the number I am calling (I will not hear it ringing). I have no problems when on wifi.

I have no problems sending or receiving text messages.

I can receive a call to my phone over cell.

When I ran a diagnostic test the results were that the cell network is not one of Republic’s partners. Said to please check that I have a Republic SIM card.

Of course I have a Republic SIM card…I’ve been using this phone on republic for 1 1/2 years. I’m on cdma. Daughter has the same type phone and is not having any problems at this time.

Incidently earlier today I adjusted the settings to disable auto updates for phone by google so that I could have access to my voice messages. I have no idea if this caused the problem making calls over cell, but I reenabled the updates, restarted the phone numerous times and nothing has fixed this problem. I have opened a ticket, but then thought maybe this way would be quicker.

Hi @elainek.lkp2dk,

I’m sorry our Community didn’t have any suggestions for you, but I’m glad to see our Help Team was able to assist you and that issue was resolved by refreshing the republic activation and resetting the cellular network settings.

2 Likes

Thanks. All good now!

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer