Problems playing back Voice Mails

What phone do you have? Moto E4

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Yes, includes data

Issue Description

When I receive a voice mail, I often cannot play them back, or there is silence if they do play back. Restarting my phone seems to resolve things, but I’m wondering if there might be some other fix that I don’t know about.

Thanks all–and a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I have found that sometimes it takes a few minutes from when the notification shows up to when the voicemail downloads to the phone. So, if I try to listen to the voicemail right-away it doesn’t
work…but if I try in a few minutes it usually works fine. I am curious if the restart is fixing your issue or is it just passage of time?

If you browse to
Downloads -> Republic -> Voicemail

you should be able to see all your voicemail files in mp3 format.

Thanks, amitl. I was trying to listen to a voice mail message 5 hours after it came in, so I would have thought it would have been ready to play.

The next time you experience the issue, take a look at that folder and see if the mp3 file exists, so that you can narrow it down to whether the issue is caused because your voicemail is failing to download or if the phone app is unable to replay it.

Is this issue happening while you are on WiFi or Cellular or both?

Hi @christophert.d5k7ws,

This is a very unusual issue you’ve described, and not one our Member Community has seen before. Have you been able to solve it?

Have you made sure your phone’s operating system and the Republic app are updated to the latest versions?

Have you ever noticed if the issue is consistent on only Wi-F or only Cell, or if it happens equally on both?

Sometimes unusual voicemail issues are resolved if you refresh the Republic Activation.

Hi southpaw. Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately the only thing that seems to really resolve this is to restart my phone. I have updated my operating system and the Republic app. I cannot say for sure if this has happened on WiFi or not as I cannot recall. It HAS happened repeatedly on cell. I will take a look at refreshing the Republic Activation and see if that does anything. Thanks!!!