Problems receiving and keeping calls

What phone do you have? Moto G5+

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Includes data

Issue Description

My phone is doing two annoying things:

1. Sometimes when someone is calling me, my phone does not ring or indicate a missed call even though I’m on wifi or have a good cell signal and I am not already on the phone. Usually it goes straight to voicemail (even though the caller is in my contacts) but sometime the caller just hears a busy signal.

2. Sometimes during a call the caller suddenly is hearing my voicemail message. From my end, the call just gets dropped, even though my signal is fine.

Both these things happen whether I’m on wifi or on cell coverage. Both have been happening for the past six months or so. I have tried setting my preference to 3G but that didn’t seem to help. I have tried restarting my phone when it has just happened and that made no difference. I just installed the macrodroid app to run that macro which keeps the phone from going into doze mode, so perhaps that will help with problem 1, but I don’t see how it could help with problem 2. I have not tried a factory reset since that would would require reloading all my apps so I’m saving that as a last resort.

I appreciate any suggestions.

If I had to take an educated guess, I would say a poor Wi-Fi connection in concert with a poor cellular connection could induce these issues.

Hi @royu,

If you haven’t already done so, please open a Help Ticket describing these issues, and ask that it be investigated as part of Master Ticket #2104587. We have seen a couple of other reports of this behavior and your additional example will help us investigate this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer