Problems sending and delivering SMS

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and lately I’ve noticed issues delivering texts to other phones. I have verified that sent texts have not been received on my brother’s Moto G 1st gen, also on RW, as well as a friend with an iPhone (on a different carrier that I can’t remember). I have the same problem with receiving certain texts from at least those same people. These dropped texts have happened on more than one occasion, enough for me to have noticed a lapse in communication. I have used both the Google Messages app (as does my brother) and the Textra app, and the problem happens with both. This is starting to be a serious problem and I am seriously considering switching from RW should it continue. Have any of you run into this issue? If so, have you been able to solve it?

1 Like

You should consider using the Republic Anyhwere App as your default SMS app.

See my response in this thread for additional info

Also, see here for additional context

2 Likes

Hi @dmitryk,

You didn’t mention whether you notice a difference in delivery success based on the phone being on Wi-Fi or cell. Have you enabled the Data Saver feature? Please see: Republic Anywhere Texts Not Delivered if not on Wi-Fi?

1 Like

The delivery success seems to be affected both on wifi and data. I don’t have the Data Saver feature turned on. I have downloaded and am now using Republic Anywhere and it seems to be working fine so far. I’ll report back if I notice problems receiving/delivering texts.

2 Likes
closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer