PSA - The Verge: T-Mobile shuts down Sprint’s 5G network

The Verge: T-Mobile shuts down Sprint’s 5G network as the two carriers continue to integrate.

Yes, earlier this AM, I posted this to Flipboard Republic Wireless - The Community

Here is a listing of frequencies used that may be of interest … I found last night so it’s already outdated :slight_smile:

US 5G Bands

CARRIER BANDS FREQUENCIES
T-Mobile n71, n260, n261 600MHz, 28GHz, 39GHz
Sprint n41 2.5GHz

US 4G LTE Bands

CARRIER 4G LTE BANDS 4G LTE FREQUENCIES
T-Mobile 2, 4, 12, 66, 71 1900, 1700/2100, 700, 600
Sprint 25, 26, 41 1900, 850, 2500
1 Like

So is there any direction from RW on what happens to those of us with CDMA devices because the GSM coverage was so horrifically bad in our most frequented, no wifi available areas?

The last time I replaced my RW phone, it was sent a GSM only model and connected to T-Mobile network. Went walking in my neighborhood and had ZERO signal for the 2 hours I spent walking.

Or anyone have information on whether or not T-Mobile is going to completely shutter the Sprint CDMA network ?

Hi @japher,

There’s a big difference between shutting down Sprint’s nascent 5G network and completely shutting down Sprint’s CDMA network. Will the latter ultimately happen, yes, though current estimates are sometime in the 2021-2022 timeframe. I suspect some of Sprint’s existing spectrum will be utilized to fill gaps in T-Mobile’s coverage, however, no one knows for certain and time will tell.

I’m confident Republic will have something to say as we draw closer to T-Mobile’s eventual shutdown/integration of Sprint’s network. For now and the immediate future, it’s status quo.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer