Purchase a defy xt

I have a Motorola DEFY XT 557 and I am having a difficult time with the power button. I would like to replace it with another DEFY XT. When I signed up with Republic I received the DEFY XT shortly after I dropped it and broke the screen and I was able to purchase a replacement from Republic. It’s been roughly 3 years perfectly happy with the DEFY XT just wore the power button out. Can I buy a replacement?

The Defy XT can no longer be reactivated. You can replace your Defy with another Republic branded used phone. You can find them on Ebay and swappa.

Sorry, not sure I understand, I’m not a tech kind of person. The DEFY XT can no longer be reactivated, what does that mean? I can buy a used phone and it will work?

The DEFY phones that are on Republic will work as long as they hold up, but no new/used DEFY will be able to be connected to our network anymore.

I looked on Ebay and no republic phones available. On Swappa there are Republic phones , none are Defy, they are Moto E, G, & X. Could I buy one of those and use that to replace my Defy without changing anything as far as my plan?

The $19 beta plan ended a long time ago. None of the new phones can do that plan.

Upgrades to Republic system for new phones has made them incompatible to activate (put on their network) deactivated (not currently on the network) Defys

In short non-activated Defy are nothing but mini Tablets you will not be able to buy one and replace you current one and once the Defy is deactivated (removed) from the network it can not be put on (the phone is over 4 years old and was made with out of date specs when new (released with 2010/2011 parts in august 2012) it’s old OS just is not compatible with the new way need to activate the new phones

as a member since October 2013 (just after the beta discount cut off ) you would be eligible to use the either the Republic Wireless 1.0 & Beta Plans or Republic Wireless Plans 2.0: Republic Refund plans on a Legacy* phone

the phone would activate on the 2.0 but a support ticket can move it to a 1.0 plan system

Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones

*Legacy Phones are the Custom ROM Moto X 1st, Moto G 1st, Moto E 1st, Moto X 2nd, Moto E 2nd, and Moto G 3rd

or 3.0 phones and plans

Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs

Our Most Affordable Plans at $15/month, with Unlimited Talk & Text | Republic Wireless

note all BYOD 3.0 phones will be on the GSM network (T-Mobile)

any phone purchased from Republic could be CDMA (Sprint like the Defy’s network) or GSM if your currently in a a roaming area and T-Mobile has been coverage in your area

the following phones** are GSM (T–Mobile only)

**Moto Z, Moto Z Play, Huawei Ascend 5W, Samsung Galaxy J3 and the Samsung Galaxy S6

If you purchase a used Republic Wireless Moto E, Moto G or Moto X you will be using the Refund Plans seen here:

Republic Wireless Plans 2.0: Republic Refund

but a support ticket can have that moved to a 1.0 plan (his line is eligible for the 1 time roll back )

Great phone, sturdy, reliable and a replaceable battery. Phones like that are no longer available because companies now sell cheap disposable toys, good for very gentle use in an office or cubicle.

The 5G plus is to have a removable battery from what I have read. Back to the subject if the OP went new new 3.0 phones the G4 play would be very nice and can come in CDMA if the OP is in a GSM unfavorable area.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer