Purchased 1 gig of data. But I don't know how to use it to check my email

What phone do you have? I have a moto G

What plan are you on? My plan is unlimited talk & text.

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? My plan does not include data.

Issue Description

Hi @amyl.2ue2sv,

Would you mind telling the Community who provides your E-mail service? Tell us just the part of your E-mail address after the @ sign. Like gmail.com or yahoo.com or nc.rr.com

Then we might be able to better provide some instructions for checking your E-mail when you’re away from WiFi.

Have you installed a mail app or do you plan to use a browser? Have you ever used this phone to read your email or are you setting it up to do this for the first time?

I use gmail.

I generally check my email on my phone when I am connected to wifi. I was hoping I could use the Gig of data to do the same while I am staying out of range for a week or so.

Are you experiencing an issue trying to check the E-mail, or are you looking for instructions before you are in the place where you won’t have WiFi?

It works the same way as it works on WiFi. You really don’t do anything differently. So if you normally check your E-mail on your phone when you’re on WiFi, you’ll just take those same steps when you’re not on WiFi.

If you’re experiencing a problem doing so, we’d need to look into whether you have a usable cellular data signal (do you see “LTE” at the top of the screen when there’s no WiFi) and whether your phone has cellular data turned on. Those steps are here: Confirm Basic Network Settings – Republic Help

Should be transparent. Make sure Airplane mode is off and you have cell bars displayed.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer