Purchased Data's shouldn't expire at the end of the billing cycle

SpeedingCheetah answered my question by searching:
On the My Choice Plan.
One time data purchases expire at your bill cycle date.

I asked a while back if they still bought back unused data, the answer was no, that was an older plan, I use very little data, but when I need it, I need it. I’m not understanding why that data doesn’t transfer to the next billing cycle, or until it’s used up. I only used about 200 MB, so I lost 800 MB. So I needed data, and it’s gone. so one gig data can last me up to 5 months, but to have data when I need it, I have to spend spend another $5 each month, so by the time I use a gig, it’s going to cost me $25… That pretty much seem to be a rip off.

2 Likes

Assuming no answers/responses because not too far off base?

1 Like

Closer to beating a dead horse. This has been discussed to death already.

6 Likes

I agree that I liked the refund plans - was very simple, and felt fair, compared to everywhere else that makes money on the unused data. But when I did the numbers for 2 phones, the old plans vs. the new plans (pre-pandemic), it was pretty much even for us. Having been home for a year with near-constant WiFi access, it probably would’ve been smart to drop the monthly data purchase. Oh well. I think another thread here said the new plans worked out better if you use 2/3 of a gig per month or more (My Choice Plan Vs Refund Plan). The only other plan I know of that refunds data is Google Fi, but their base plan starts higher.

If you know well enough in advance when you’ll need data, you could see if any local libraries have hotspots that can be checked out and try to reserve one - in my area I think a few of the cities have them. If you haven’t heard of them, they are a device that receives cellular data and lets you connect to it over WiFi.

Sounds like you are burnt out. Perhaps you should take a break. Questions and replys are new to most of the users. They have not seen this question before. If it is a frequently asked question, maybe the answer that is being given is not very good one.

I think @Majorninth’s point was that this changed in mid-2016. We’re approaching 5 years. At some point it’s enough. If he was posting about David Bowie’s death or the Zika Virus, or Ryan Lochte’s behavior at the Olympics, we’d all be saying, didn’t that happen 5 years ago?

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re burnt out, great answer! How does that pertain to a helpful answer? Are you working on being an ambassador? Plain and simple, you should get what you paid for. Did I did I not quote SpeedingCheetah. I’m asking, if you buy data, can you please not take away the balance at the end of the month. Let your customers use what they paid for. And I’m the one that’s burnt out, wow…

Well what you pay for is data UP TO 1gb for your current month. Not 1gb to use forever until it’s gone. As noted many times before if it was forever data it would be much much higher in cost.

In the real world, all major carriers called it, roll over minutes…

Since rw has unlimited calls and text there are no “minutes” to roll over

What exactly does unlimited calls and text have with data?

What exactly does rollover minutes have to do with data?

Ah, maybe your data minutes roll over, you’re the one who brought up text and data not me…If you don’t understand the topic, I understand.

Majorninth said he understands roll over minutes, but here at Republic, everything is included. I asked why if you don’t use all your data, why do you lose the rest of it at the end of the billing cycle. Check the discussion out! Purchased Data's shouldn't expire at the end of the billing cycle - #17 by Majorninth

Message an
Expert customer