Purchasing additional data - one time only

What phone do you have? Moto G5plus

What plan are you on? Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Bth

Issue Description

I purchased an addtional 1 GB of data earlier today, but it doesn't show up on my phone, so when my previous data ran out, I didn't havde any more data left. In other words, I've already paid for the data but don't have it. Could you please help me with this? Thank you.

Hi @mitchrudy52,

When you say “it doesn’t show up on my phone” where exactly are you looking? If you’re looking at the Republic Wireless app and not seeing the additional data there, please refresh the Republic Activation:

If you’re seeing that you’ve reached a limit in the Android Settings menu, that limit is set by you, and needs to be equal to or above the amount of data you actually have available in order for your purchased data to work.

2 Likes

I just tried reactivating my phone but it still shows that I’ve reached my data limit. I just purchased 1 GB of data yesterday and the transaction does show up on my debit card, however I still don’t have any more data.

I thought that Everytime you purchased more data, you automatically received it.

By design, that’s how it’s supposed to work. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for posting the screenshot as it tells us you’re looking in the wrong place. You’re looking at Android settings. First, please turn off any data use warnings you’ve set up there as described by Republic here: How to Change the Android Data Warning Limit on Motorola Phones Running Android Nougat 7.0 or Above – Republic Help.

Once done, please use the Republic app to track cell data availability and usage. More on using the Republic app is linked here: Republic Wireless 3.0 App – Republic Help.

3 Likes

I can’t seem to find the place that displays how much data I have. I opened up the Republic app, but I can’t find the data usage section.

And, after I purchased the data, when I was away from the WiFi, I did not have an internet connection and could not use it.

Generally, when one opens the Republic app they are presented with the “My Data” screen. If you don’t see that, would you be kind enough to post a screenshot of what you do see?

Let’s focus on getting things sorted with the Republic app before tackling this one.

The screenshot you sent shows that you have a 1.07 GB Data limit set. With that setting, you won’t be able to use any additional data you purchased. You need to remove the 1.07 GB Data limit in your Android settings.

5 Likes

How do I remove the data limit?

Moderator’s note: Image removed as it contained personal information.

1 Like

That is not the RW app…that is the RW website you are viewing in your web browser.

You would want to open the Republic app that is in the phone app drawer.

The app is where you manage your phones data and plan.

Okay, let me try that. Thanks.

Okay, it worked. But the app I used before looked identical to the actual app. That’s what confused me. Now, when I just checked on my bank account, it shows another$5.00 deducted from my checking. So, did I just lose $5.00 or do I now have 2 GB of data?

Hi @mitchrudy52,

Please know that although you are seeing replies and sending replies by E-mail, your conversation is taking place with our Republic Wireless members in our publicly-visible Member Community where you first raised your question.

Our members do not have access to your account and cannot see any account action you may have taken.

The answer to your question as to whether you now have 2 GB of data will depend on what action you were taking when you responded that “it worked.”

The Republic Wireless app will tell you the total amount of data you have available on your account.

Have you been able to adjust the artificial “limit” imposed in the Android Settings menu yet? Until you do so, you will not be able to access the data you have purchased.

Okay, I see that it shows that I have 2 GB left. So accidentally purchased an additional GB. Well, that’s okay. It was an inexpensive lesson for me. Thanks very much for your help.

Data management is available for My Choice members in the Account Portal as well.

1 Like

One more thing. Should I just ignore the bar graph in the Android setting that shows that my data is all used up?

Message an
Expert customer