Purchasing used phone for old $10 plan

I need a new /used phone for my daughter who has a second generation moto e with a $10 plan.

1- in order to maintain the $10 plan, do i need the same type of phone? like a used republic wireless moto e second generation… any other options to keep the $10 plan
2-how do i transfer / import present phone number to new.used phone?
3- how do i import the contacts automatically ? It should have been backed by an email account
4. do i put the original sims card into the new used phone?

TIA

Disappointed about being made to switch plans to upgrade my phone
  1. Any used legacy phone will work on that plan
    [Republic Custom ROM Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1, and E2] (I personally would recommend the Moto G3 or Moto X2 as they both would be an upgrade to the Moto E2)
  1. Activate the new used phone as line replacement [this is done though the Republic wireless app]
    Activate | Republic Wireless

2. Contacts should be sync with the Google account and should automatically be on the new used phone when that Google account is added

1. The SIM card is not link to the account but to the phone and must stay with the phone [this is true for all CDMA phones as changing phones via a SIM swap is a GSM feature] if the new-used phone does not have a SIM in it a support ticket can get you one [it’s only used for 4G LTE data access on the legacy phones]

Thank you for prompt and helpful response! Now, I need to purchase the phone…does Republic sell any used ones?

Republic does not have these on there website any longer, one can always create a help ticket and ask if they have any B-stock they will sell you (it can’t hurt to ask), other than that, swappa and eBay may be the best place to look

Hi @waynec.cfk0w1,

Thanks for checking with the Community to get some help figuring this out! Let us know what you end up with, we may be able to send your daughter a nice case to go on that replacement phone.

Does the used phone need to have been previously used on a Republic wireless plan? or will any of the compatible models you listed work without having been on a Republic wireless plan?

The models I listed are custom ROM and would only work on Republic, unless they where never activated before [which is highly unlikely at this point] they would have to have been on a Republic plan before

I found some on ebay that same repubic wireless and some that dont. Please see moto e 2nd gen unlocked | eBay. I want to confirm they will work with existing $10 plan

moto e 2nd gen unlocked | eBay

Find great deals on eBay for moto e 2nd gen unlocked. Shop with confidence.

The models I listed are custom ROM and would only work on Republic, unless they where never activated before [which is highly unlikely at this point] they would have to have been on a Republic plan before

Visit Topic or reply to this email to post a public response in our Community.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

If they claim to be unlocked they are not the Republic custom ROM versions and will not work on Republic, one needs the Republic custom ROM versions to used the $10 plan, any other version [ other carriers or unlocked] will not work

Thank you for helping. I ended up getting a moto 2nd gen to replace her old phone. I was able to keep her old number and all her contacts and photos swtiched to her replacement phone

Hi @waynec.cfk0w1,

I’ll message you privately for some further details.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.