Putting my SIM Card in Unlocked Phone

Can I put my republic wireless sim card in an unlocked Motorola phone?

Hi @shelbyw,

The answer to your question depends on two things:

1. What Republic Wireless phone (brand, model and, if applicable, generation) would be donating the SIM?
  2. Which unlocked Motorola phone are you referencing?

If your current phone is a legacy Republic phone (Moto E1, E2, G1, G3, X1, X2) any SIM is specific to that phone and won’t work in another phone. Regarding which unlocked phones are compatible with Republic, please see here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help. Since it sounds like you’re considering bringing your own phone, please read this first as well: Republic Wireless Coverage – Republic Help.

Thank you for the information. I have a Moto X first generation so it won’t work.

Hi @shelbyw,

You’re welcome!

I’m afraid it won’t, however (if you choose to bring your own compatible unlocked phone), the needed SIM may be purchased from Republic or Amazon. Either way cost is $5 plus shipping. Shipping from Amazon is free if one has Amazon Prime.

Please do read the article on coverage I referenced in my initial reply before deciding to bring your own phone. Coverage would be different than with your Moto X1.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.