Q4 2018: What's New at Republic Wireless

Every year seems to fly by here at Republic, but that’s because we always look forward to introducing new products and services that continually improve your experience. We have some exciting things in store for 2019 and can’t wait to share the news with you over the next several months.

Before I highlight our new releases from Q4, I would like to share with you that we were named one of the 10 best web support sites of 2018 by Association of Support Professionals (ASP). At the end of 2018, ASP published a report that focused in on us individually, and how we, as a small company among big names like RedHat, SAP, etc., scored so well and were named a top 10 winner! The report is available to view if you have an ASP membership.

Here’s a recap of our team’s achievements over the past few months:

Spam Protection

Everyone experiences spam calls regardless of what carrier you’re on, but that doesn’t make it acceptable. Like you, we’re tired of receiving unwanted calls on a daily basis – so we decided to do something about it. In late November, we launched an updated version of our spam blocking feature for our My Choice members. In order to take advantage of this feature, you must be on our My Choice plans and enable the feature in the Republic Wireless app. Once you enable it, we prevent any spam calls we identify from ringing your phone. You will also have the option to block calls directly from the Android dialer. For instructions on how to enable this great feature, please follow the steps outline here.

It’s also worth noting that the FCC is fed up with spam calls. In fact, they issued a warning to phone companies in November informing them that the issue needs to be addressed in 2019. Want to learn more? Go here.

New Phones

In Q4 we introduced a refreshed line up of Samsung devices, specifically the Galaxy J3 2018 and Galaxy J7 2018.

We also launched the Moto E5 Play and our Members are loving the phone and the low price point! Here are a couple reviews from folks that are really enjoying their experience:

“I have had Moto phones for quite some time now. After a couple of years, my old phone’s battery was having issues. I didn’t want to spend a ton of money and really just needed a phone for the basics (call/text/internet). This is a great phone for those needs!”

“This phone has a lot of great features. Everything about it works as it should.”

And then there’s the Google Pixel 3. Near the end of October, we officially added the Pixel 3 to our Bring Your Own Phone portfolio. The Pixel devices consistently receive raving reviews, specifically regarding the camera quality. If camera quality is a must have for you, I highly recommend checking out the Pixel devices.

Unlimited Data-Only SIM

We launched a new product in mid-December – our Unlimited Data-Only SIM. The Unlimited Data-Only SIM gives you 20GB of high-speed 4G LTE data (slowed after 20GB) per month. Buy a 30 or 90 day SIM, insert it into your tablet or hotspot and you’re all set. No recurring fees or obligations – just a simple, one-time payment.

If you’re interested in learning more about this product, I recommend taking a look at this blog.

The Unlimited Data-Only SIM is available for purchase on Amazon.com.

Coming Soon

We will be launching a Camera blog series very soon. I will be focusing on side-by-side camera phone comparisons with the goal of providing a recommendation for folks that are on the market for a new smartphone containing a high quality camera. If there’s anything you would like to see incorporated in the upcoming camera blogs, please let me know by commenting your feedback below!

In the camera blog can you review low light, zoom and HDR options for the phones.

Thanks,
Charlene