Question about 3g and 4g shutdowns

i have heard t-moble and other carriors are shutting down the 3g and 4g networks this year. will this affect republic wireless service?

Yes they are & No it shouldn’t impact any but those on 2G only phones (which Republic will contact as the time nears)
Below has been extracted from T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint 2G/3G/4G LTE network shutdown dates: the sunset!

T-Mobile has listed the dates for shutting down Sprint’s 3G and 4G LTE networks, and migrating people to modern broadband speed pastures. These are January 1, 2022 for Sprint’s 3G network sunset, and June 30, 2022 for the 4G LTE connections, respectively

If you are currently using 4G LTE now, it’s going to be around for probably another decade.
The Sprint towers/bandwidth is being folded into T-Mobile and in some case re-utilized by 5G

2 Likes

Here is the help article regarding the CDMA network shutdown:

5 Likes

To be clear, NO ONE is shutting down 4G networks. They are likely to be around for many many more years.

1 Like

thank you for clarifying. i am on the 4g lte

1 Like

I have a Moto X (1st Gen) that will become obsolete in March (last date I heard). I always thought I was on 4g LTE service. The phone is capable of receiving it according to what I have read. Isn’t this obsolete issue more about using the retiring Sprint CDMA network?

It is both. The Sprint LTE network isn’t being shut down until the end of June (as of right now). The Sprint 2G/3G networks are being shut down at the end of March. The Moto X1 is 4G capable but not VoLTE capable. Once there is no longer a 2G/3G network a phone without VoLTE would be incapable of placing a call.

So, 1.0/2.0 phones which don’t support VoLTE on T-Mobile won’t work after March and the reset of the Sprint configured phone have until the end of June (as of 1/1/22).

1 Like

OK, thanks. So, since the Moto X is not LTE capable, it will become obsolete in March along with the 2g and 3g phones. I see now.

To be clear, it is because it is not VoLTE capable.

OK, I got you, again. I wasn’t sure there was a difference between the two. I thought LTE was simply a truncation of VoLTE. But… apparently it’s not. I did a quick search and found that out. Wow! What a ever evolving mess!

VoLTE is Voice over LTE
the Moto X 1st Gen used LTE for Data only and Voice relied on the 2G/3G CDMA network
(the Moto X 2nd Gen, Moto E 2nd Gen and Moto G 3rd Gen worked the same way)

Thanks. I’m shopping now to deal with the upcoming deadline.

Hi @davidl.h5w1hp,

If considering shopping for a new phone for use with Republic, please know there is no Republic compatible phone that may be activated using the grandfathered plan attached to your Moto X1. Any new Republic compatible phone must be activated on Republic’s new 5.0 plans:

As you’ll note from the banner at the top of the linked page, it’s not currently possible to activate a Republic 5.0 plan with one’s current Republic number. If I may make a suggestion, why not wait a bit longer? Republic will be in touch to advise you and others of their options before a decision on a future phone must be made.

4 Likes

Thank you. Yes, I knew it was the end of the line for my 1.0 plan. I knew I would have to upgrade my plan. However, I didn’t realize that upgrading was not possible with my current number. That explains some of the comments I have read involving phone numbers. It’s an interesting, but unfortunate situation. The T-Mobile/Sprint and Dish/Republic Wireless mergers have certainly left a mess in their wake.

To be honest, I have been looking really hard at Republic’s sister company Boost. They have some great deals right now. Republic is a big unknown right now and it’s not a “want to change” but a “have to change” situation for me. I’m thinking a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

1 Like

It’s a fair observation. I would just reiterate you’re contemplating making a decision in mid-January that doesn’t absolutely need to be made before sometime in March. Boost and/or other competitors will still be there in March. That said, it’s up to each individual to decide when they want to make a decision.

Read a lot. I tried Boost. The experiment lasted less than a week. I got a T-Mobile SIM from them. No wifi calling available. No visual voicemail. MMS that wouldn’t send. Overall utter trash and the support team was, well, went along with the service experience.

That’s helpful to know about an actual experience. The phone and plan was a great deal, but I do want it to work once I get it. Well, I don’t have to do anything immediately. I’ll keep looking.

I’ve been with RW for 7 years and had enough of theRW hassle. I’m transferring to another carrier. tried to upgrade my wife’s phone in December, it was impossible to do before Christmas so I signed her up with another carrier for less cost with more data. I’m now in the process of transferring my phone to the same service. Enough is enough.

What carrier are you moving to?

1 Like