Question about Battery Replacement

Just got a used Moto X XT1049 and it needs a new battery. I am searching online to buy one, but wonder if I have to get one that specifically says it will fit XT1049, or if it says it will fit other Moto X’s if it will work as well?

Thanks!

You will need a battery specifically for the Moto X (1st Gen) … the XT1049 designation is RW Rom specific, but the rest of the phone is the same.
You would also need some specific tools, some patience and a bit of luck/skill … it’s not impossible, but may devices have been reduced to parts due to the tight compact parts, glued in place parts etc
Here is a guide you may want to review

3 Likes

The XT1049 takes the same battery as the XT1050, XT1052, XT1053, XT1055, XT1056, XT1058, and XT1060. Motorola battery designation is EX34.

5 Likes

I’ve watched a few instructional videos, and it looks pretty risky. I see that, in Phoenix, Batteries Plus offers replacement services for X Gen 1’s . Anybody know if they’re any good?

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer