Question - my dinosaur MotoG - need to be able to access google maps while driving

I’m very tech challenged when it comes to my phone and phones in general, so bear with me please. I have the dinosaur Moto6 with the unlimited text and talk only plan. If I upgraded to get data, will I be able to connect to and use google maps as I’m driving? If so, how much data should I get?

Moto6? I have not heard of this model. I heard of the Moto G6, but that is a very new, not released, device and is not yet one of R.W.s Supported phones.

Google Maps has an off-line Maps function where, when on wifi, you go into the settings, select the square on the map you wish to save, and it downloads and saves the maps to your phone for use when u have no wifi or data signal.

Sorry, my phone is the Moto G. I want to know if there’s any way to use this phone live with google maps, and what I would need to do to make that happen. I really don’t want to change phones if it all possible.

• Moto G1 (XT1031)

With that phone, you would need to change to a plan that has Mobile Data included for any app that requires a Internet connection to work when u are away from wifi.

You would be on either the 1.0 or 2.0 Refund Plan.
If u are on the 2.0 plan, you can upgrade from the Wifi Only plan to the next step up the .5GB plan that includes mobile data right in the app on the phone while you are on wifi.

Here is some more links to info that maybe helpful:

Thank you. I’ll read the article you posted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer