Question of the week (16): All things 80's

Last Friday, the Relay team from Republic went out to the Durham Bulls game to set a new record for the largest gathering of people wearing sweatbands in honor of “Stranger Things” night at the ballpark.

RW provided the 80’s inspired sweatbands to the attendees and was successful in setting a new record!! We had a blast planning this event and got a kick out of sharing our favorite 80’s movies, songs, TV shows, and fashion trends.

What’s the best thing the 80’s gave us in your opinion?

I’m still listening to Duran Duran, Madonna, Depeche Mode…MTV was so great back then!

3 Likes

ALF (Gordon Shumway)

3 Likes

80s music for sure…most tv shows in the 80s originated from the 70s…but carried us through with a ton of laughs

2 Likes

The home computer [it may have started in the 70’s but took off in the 80’s]

3 Likes

way too many

that is true

80/80

Scratch and Sniff may have been invented in the 60’s but @TheDoctor reminded me of the strawberry shortcake and all the scratch n sniff stickers…

1 Like

1 Like

Of course cell phones were invented in the 80s…

1 Like

The first cell phones where an mid 70’s invention, the 1st consumer cell phones came in the 80’s but they really didn’t take off for the average person until the 90’s

1 Like

I
had
one

!!!

LOL I was looking at that list, and it reminded me I still have a Debbie Gibson album…on VINYL!

2 Likes

“In 1986, Japanese company Nikon introduced the first digital single-lens reflex (DSLR) camera, the Nikon SVC.”

2 Likes

This list is legit! I wanted to be a guest on Double Dare badly and L.A Gears were my go to back to school sneakers.

2 Likes

Guns n Roses!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Also, the Reebok Pump!

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer