Question of the week (20): Samsung Note 9

Reviews are coming out about the new Samsung Note 9. With a huge battery, Bluetooth stylus, and AI camera this phone starts at $1,000. What do you think, does the Note 9 seem worth it?

Thousand bucks gets you some of the best laptops on the market, imo it isn’t worth it.

1 Like

$350 is the most I’ll pay for a phone, anything more is a luxury item I do not need

1 Like

Nope. Unless you’re in the “my phone is newer than yours” crowd.

2 Likes

only if I was a Samsung fanboy :smile:

and if I was a phone fanboy it would be an Apple…

1 Like

Given many folks spend far more time with their phone than their laptop, for some, the price might be worth it.

1 Like

I’m quite satisfied with my recently acquired Pixel XL 2, so, for me, no. Still, I bet Samsung sells a boatload of them and that’s the bottom line.

2 Likes

A phone that cost me 1K would cause me so much anxiety, worrying about theft or damage, that I most likely wouldn’t be able to enjoy it much and/or I’d have to alter my usage patterns greatly.

I want to own my phone, not the other way around. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have a drawer full of various Motorola phones, and decided to try a top of the line phone, which at the time was the Note 9. Very pricey to me, so I shopped around month after month, and actually found a fixed counter top display unit from Best Buy. It was advertised as 100% pristine, no scratches, marks, and was a new unused unit. It had the new warranty and the MPN needed to be compatible with RW. I bought it for $575, and it is worth every penny. No regrets and no going back for me!

Message an
Expert customer