Question of the week (5): Podcasts

What are your favorite money or tech-centered podcasts?

1 Like

I’m not much of a podcast guy. Occasionally I catch one of the TED Talks podcasts and find it interesting. I usually listen to the podcast my employer puts out. Sometimes they are sleepers, sometimes there’s a good one:

3 Likes

I listen quite a few podcasts but one of my favorites is:

3 Likes

I watch alot of Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter stuff. Mainly the R.T. Podcast and Off Topic Podcast.

2 Likes

I love NPR’s podcasts, including the technology one. They air it on my local NPR station sometimes.

I also listen to Chris Were’s linux podcasts.

2 Likes

Stacking Benjamins. A little chatty at times, lots of time (5+ minutes each episode) spent on ads. But good advice on money matters.
Freakonomics. About money, but not so much about personal finance.
Paul Merriman. Merriman’s my favorite (www.paulmerriman.com), lots of trustworthy personal finance advice, and a great website to learn what the ■■■■ to do with all that money you’re making.
Also enjoy 99% Invisible - not much to do with money, but great stories.

oh, forgot to mention. I use pocketcasts app for downloading and listening. Very much worth the few dollars.

2 Likes

I greatly enjoy The Mad Fientist podcast. While his own contributions in the financial blogging world are significant, on the podcast he interviews many of the most popular financial bloggers and digs into their personal stories, experiences, and wisdom.

2 Likes

I recently stated following TWiT on YouTube.

I also used to follow and chat with a geeky guy named Chris Pirillo (Lockergnome) who posted lots of tech vids and had livestreams, and was a constant vloger for a few years.
But he went and got married and had a kid…and now really isn’t doing publics tech vids anymore.

1 Like

I ask myself, “what is a ‘Pod’ Cast” ?

1 Like
2 Likes

Planet Money is great – more about the economy and how to understand (in fun anecdotes) it than budgeting, but it’s a good one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This week in Google, party of the “TWIT” series, been listening to it for about two years now.

1 Like

The Meb Faber Show
Animal Spirits
Bloomberg Surveillance
Odd Lots
Bloomberg P&L
WSJ What’s News
Invest Like the Best
Masters in Business

That ought to keep anyone going for a while!!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer