Question on Moto X 4th gen

Republic wants 349 and Amazon has it for 139 https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-hands-free-Exclusive/dp/B077YNYFPD/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Will the Amazon model work on Republic ?

Yes, the Amazon model works with Republic.

Motorola has a good price too. https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4 From $149 and up depending on memory

Thanks ! Wondered why Republic is hosing us with there price

Why is the hammer $10 at Ace Hardware and $5 at Home Depot and what does it matter? Republic welcomes compatible phones sourced elsewhere.

That’s not the case with Republic… They aren’t in the phone making and selling business. They are in the service business. A company cannot stay afloat by buying phones and sell them for cheaper then they buy them for. RW also warranties the phone as an inhouse convenience when possible. There is still the 1yr mfr warranty but when bought from RW there is the 14 day money back return guarantee. Yes you pay more here but you get more too. It’s all in how you want to look at it.

Motorola also has the X4 Android One for the same price. But I’m thinking that doesn’t work with RW since I don’t see it listed.

It does. Just have to see if you’d miss some of the Moto things that version doesn’t have.

After doing some reading I can’t keep my plan :frowning: when getting a new phone

That is correct and has been the case when moving from a legacy phone (Moto E1, E2, G1, G3, X1 or X2) to a newer phone since August of 2016.

You may keep your grandfathered plan by acquiring another previously used legacy phone, the newest of which was last manufactured in 2015. These are increasingly difficult to source, however, Republic does offer some guidance here: Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help.

They could show Amazon price in there listing with a link

LOL Not really I had a back up Defy XT phone in case mine died and they wouldn’t extend the plan. So they like changing the rules when it suites them

One might make the case it’s a technicality, however, Republic considers the DEFY XT to be its beta phone rather than a legacy phone. In any event, you are correct, one may no longer activate a deactivated DEFY XT. Those already active remain supported for service.

For what it’s worth, if the line of service once attached to that DEFY XT has remained in continuous service and qualifies for the beta discount, that discount also carries over to a newer phone. More on that from Republic here: If I Activate a New Phone, Will I Be Able to Keep My Beta Discount? – Republic Help

Thanks for the tip I will ask them why they didn’t offer my 10% discount

Defy users were never given the Beta discount because they were still Beta users and hadn’t upgraded yet.

I recently purchase an X4 and like it very much.

Existing members who purchased a Motorola DEFY XT by September 25, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET, but haven’t upgraded yet will also be eligible for this discount once they upgrade to a new or used Republic phone.

:flight_departure:

Hi @rickt,

The 10% discount applies to the monthly service fee for the line which is eligible. Have you looked at your monthly invoice?

Is it called Service Credit ?

When viewing the invoice in the Account Portal, you’ll see a “Service credit” for the 10% toward your service fee and a “Data credit” toward any data purchased, for the line that qualifies for the Beta Member Discount.

Here’s what the service line receiving the Beta Member Discount looks like on my invoice:

Thank you