Quick compatibility question - moto

my moto x with rw has passed away. there is an unlocked moto e6 (PAFG0014US) i may want to use. i assume i could throw the sim from the x straight into the e6?

it does look like that Moto E6 is compatible, if the Moto X is a 1st or 2nd gen then you can not move the SIM as those legacy phones SIM are link to the phone

if the Moto X is a 3rd(Pure) or 4th gen then it depends on if it was on CDMA (New SIM required) or GSM(can reuse SIM)

3 Likes

it is a Pure and it shows both cdma and gsm under connectivity. im definitely trying to keep the same number.

a [degoogled] e6 OR Moto G7 XT1962-1 would work too correct?

which of the 3 articles should i really follow in this particular circumstance?

please see

if your old phone (Moto X Pure (ie 3rd gen) ) is not functional you can check the actural card

if CDMA you will need to request a CDMA SIM card

if GSM you can just reuse the SIM in the new phone

1 Like

Hi @shawnm.zbcwlm,

I took a peek at your account. You can move your SIM card to the new phone.

A “degoogled” anything is not going to be a fit for Republic. If it has been rooted and flashed with alternate software, it will not activate on our network. Without the Google Play Store app and a Google account, you wouldn’t be able to install the Republic app and keep it up to date.

This is a supported phone. The complete list is here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

1 Like

“Without the Google Play Store app and a Google account, you wouldn’t be able to install the Republic app and keep it up to date.”

That’s not exactly true. I disabled as many of the Google services as I could. I do not have a Google account and do not use Google Play Store. Where there is a Republic update, I still receive a notification on my phone. I can install the update using apk.mirror. It works just fine.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer