Quick compatibility question - moto

my moto x with rw has passed away. there is an unlocked moto e6 (PAFG0014US) i may want to use. i assume i could throw the sim from the x straight into the e6?

it does look like that Moto E6 is compatible, if the Moto X is a 1st or 2nd gen then you can not move the SIM as those legacy phones SIM are link to the phone

if the Moto X is a 3rd(Pure) or 4th gen then it depends on if it was on CDMA (New SIM required) or GSM(can reuse SIM)

3 Likes

it is a Pure and it shows both cdma and gsm under connectivity. im definitely trying to keep the same number.

a [degoogled] e6 OR Moto G7 XT1962-1 would work too correct?

which of the 3 articles should i really follow in this particular circumstance?

please see

if your old phone (Moto X Pure (ie 3rd gen) ) is not functional you can check the actural card

if CDMA you will need to request a CDMA SIM card

if GSM you can just reuse the SIM in the new phone

1 Like

Hi @shawnm.zbcwlm,

I took a peek at your account. You can move your SIM card to the new phone.

A “degoogled” anything is not going to be a fit for Republic. If it has been rooted and flashed with alternate software, it will not activate on our network. Without the Google Play Store app and a Google account, you wouldn’t be able to install the Republic app and keep it up to date.

This is a supported phone. The complete list is here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer