Random number linked to my phone

What phone do you have? Moto G5 plus

What plan are you on? My Choice + 2 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data

Issue Description

I texted my wife this morning and she received the text but it was from a random/different number. She can also call this number and it makes my phone ring and I can answer it. How/Why did a random number that is not connected to my account get assigned to my phone? I have updated republic wireless app and also tried to VOIP restart, but that did not work. I have also opened a ticket with this inquiry and I’m waiting for a response. I do not have a Google Number either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @marcm.ajbuli and welcome to the Community!

Please see here for more on that not so random number that ideally you wouldn’t need to know about:

When you say the VoIP reset did not work, do you mean your text messages still show this other number? Or, do you mean the number still rings your phone when someone calls it?

The VoIP reset should fix the former. It will not fix the latter as the existence of the secondary number is a normal part of Republic’s blended service. It’s best to simply ignore it.

1 Like

It’s my secondary number. Had no clue one even existed! Is it just completely random that my one text to my wife somehow went thru to her with this secondary number and not my primary? I was worried my phone had gotten hacked. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Here is the Support Document that I believe covers the problem you encountered

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer