Random SMS Issues

I have a Moto E for a year and a half now and for as long as I’ve had it only some SMS messages come through. There is no rhyme or reason - it happens across the board with my contacts and happens while on known WIFI and also cell networks. I’m using the default messaging service that came with the phone. It’s totally random. In a group text thread, I’ll get one or two of the say 5 messages - it’s odd and annoying. Is this a phone issue, or a Republic-wide issue? I’d upgrade to a newer phone if I knew this wouldn’t happen any longer. Any help would be appreciated.

Take a look at this document

Troubleshooting Texting Issues

If that doesn’t work, please submit a help ticket

https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Also, if you can try to establish a pattern when you have the issue, that would help

the support staff provide more focussed assistance.

Randomly missing SMS and MMS is not a universal experience on 1.0/2.0 plans

so upgrading would not necessarily change your experience, I would recommend

starting with the troubleshooting document and then go from there.

To my knowledge over the past 4 years I have never missed an SMS message but all of my SMS messages come from other RW subscribers or are short code notifications from vendors. I don’t believe this is a Republic-wide issue.

You can gather more troubleshooting information by looking in the call log in your RW account to see if the missing messages are making it to RW but not to your phone. If they aren’t making it to RW then the problem is on the sender’s end. If they are making it to RW then the problem could be that RW passed the message on to Cell because they didn’t find your phone on WiFi but the cell carrier (Sprint or roaming) and the message died of old age there.

Message an
Expert customer