Randomly without internet access and incorrect date and time, then randomly switches back

What phone do you have? Moto G6, Android Version 9

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Yes

Issue Description

Frequently my phone will switch over to the wrong date and time, sometimes military time, and I have no access to WIFI or cell internet. It has stayed in this restrictive mode from 30 minutes to 6 or 7 hours, no rhyme or reason.
I have restarted the phone, but it does not resolve the problem.
I have manually changed the time in settings and re-entered the wifi code; still no help.

That’s a combination of very strange problems. The time displayed on your phone is acquired from the network, but why it would change to military time is beyond me. When you say you have no access to Wi-Fi or cell internet, does the phone show it’s connected to Wi-Fi or cellular internet (Wi-Fi signal strength indicator or LTE indicator)?

I have manually corrected the military time and it no longer glitches like that.
When the time and date are inaccurate, the WIFI symbol disappears, there is an X through the mobile network symbol, and when I go into Settings>Network & Internet>WIFI, there is a message something like “available, but not accessible” on that screen.

I would “forget” all the SSIDs and reconnect. If that doesn’t work, try a reset of the network connections.

We did as you suggested and it’s been fine until just now. 1 hour off in time, an X over the wifi range symbol, and in settings>network and internet>wifi>the name of our wifi network, underneath says “connected, no internet”

Connected means you have a good wireless radio connection with your router.

No internet means your router is not connected to the outside world.

It’s probably a router issue, cable modem, or both.

Thank you. The same message appears at times while I’m using wifi at work.

Do you use any internet security apps, or a VPN? You might try disabling them. Otherwise, I think if it were me I would factory reset the phone.

Message an
Expert customer