Our company has a policy to send emails as a text to employees. for most companies it something simple like email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Does anyone know if republic has this capability and what the address would be?
Here are some instructions from our Help Center.
Allow SMS messages from email
When checked, emails sent to @text.republicwireless.com will show up as a text message on your phone. Example:
- You can have any combination of to/cc/bcc in the email.
- If your message is more than 256 characters, the SMS will read 251 characters followed by <…> to indicate the rest of the message. You will not receive a second text with the rest of the message.
- Text recipients of an email to SMS message cannot reply via text.
- Messages will only be delivered over WiFi or cell data.
- While Emojis are supported, media attachments are not.
- The text recipient of an email to SMS message will only see the email address of the sender. If there’s a “cc” on the message, the text recipient will not see the “cc” email address. However, the email recipient of a message sent to both an email to SMS address and a regular email address will see the sender’s email address and the email to SMS address.
- Email to SMS is not carrier specific. When someone sends an email, their email provider is responsible for delivering emails to their recipient. If the email contains Republic Wireless phone numbers in the to/cc/bcc field, we will then process the email to a SMS message and send it to your phone.
This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.