Receiving Texts issue

What phone do you have? Samsung-SM-J320A

What plan are you on? My Choice +1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? includes data

Issue Description

A couple months ago, I noticed I was sending text messages but receiving no responses. I then re-texted some of them as there was information I needed and I would receive a reply but still was missing the interim texts. The people I texted showed me that they received my texts. If people cold text me, I sometimes get them and sometimes not. Lately if I text someone first, I will receive their replies.

I have looked at all my notifications and I do not see where anything has changed.

Would this be due to the age of the phone? I don’t have any other issues.

Thank you,

Judy

Hi @judym.cisyg5 and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for mentioning you have a Samsung phone. As a starting point to improving your experience, I suggest this:

1 Like

Hi roland - I did check all these things and they were all okay. Any other thoughts?

Judy

Hi @judym.cisyg5,

Have you noticed if you’re missing text messages when you are away from WiFi, or is the issue happening on both WiFi and cell? Do you have plenty of available storage on space on the phone?

While the issue may not be directly related to the age of the phone, support for this older model phone is ending later this year. Did you receive the e-mail related to this topic: ⚠ Important notice: Non-VoLTE phones stop working on our GSM network on 10/1/21?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer