Reinstate Service

About 14 months ago I helped my brother get a Republic phone. He used it for some time but didn’t respond to a request to update his credit card info. Consequently his phone was shut off. He isn’t the least bit tech savvy but needs an inexpensive phone since he has been unemployed for quite some time after his plant closed. Recently his daughter tried to get his phone turned back on but Republic told her that only the person who instituted it could reinstate it. She contacted me as I am the one who set it up for him. He isn’t able to do this himself. Republic responded back that the person who did the setup must reinstate it. That’s me although they don’t seem to understand this. Please advise me as “how to proceed”. Thanks for any help in advance. (Must add this disclaimer-I am not very tech savvy either so your instructions must be pretty simple also) Once again THANKS##

To do what you want to do you must have the credentials (gmail address and password) that were used when the phone was originally purchased. If that account still exists and you can log into it then you need to update the CC information with one that works. If and when this is in place you can reactivate the phone in that account.

If the reactivation fails for any reason, then contact support explaining exactly what you have done (above) and they will take care of it for you.

If the account was closed, then the process is even easier. Create a new account with your brother’s email address and password. You can do that during the activation process on his phone. To get to the activation process you can simply open the Republic app and follow the screen prompts or your can factory reset the phone and start from scratch. During the activation process you will be presented with the option to create a new account or to log into an existing, working account.

Create a new account with your brother’s email address and password. You can do that during the activation process on his phone. To get to the activation process you can simply open the Republic app and follow the screen prompts or your can factory reset the phone and start from scratch. During the activation process you will be presented with the option to create a new account or to log into an existing, working account.

The above info is correct. Just need to have a CC or DC listed on the account for the monthly service charges.

Message an
Expert customer