Replaceable battery phones?

Does Republic have any phones with replaceable batteries?

Moto G PLAY (4th Gen.) | Republic Wireless

Samsung Galaxy J3 | Republic Wireless

for BYOD see below Bring_Your_Own_Phone_FAQs

• Moto G4 PLAY (XT1607)
    • (Apps → Settings → About phone → Hardware information → SKU)
  • Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) (SM-J320A)See more info below*
    • (Apps → Settings → About device → Model number)
      *For the Pixel, Pixel XL, Samsung Galaxy J3 and S6 phones only: In addition to matching the model number, you also need to match the build number. This additional step ensures that you’re receiving a Republic certified phone, meaning it’s been thoroughly tested by our engineers and has received updated quality improvements.

Some J3 phones have an older build number and can be updated to the build number listed below, so please make sure your J3 has all of its updates before checking the build number. To find the build number, tap Apps → Settings → About device → Build number. The build number must match one of the following:

For Samsung Galaxy J3 (the AT&T branded version of this phone is not compatible with our service)

• MMB29K.J320AUES2APJ2
  • MMB29K.J320AUEU1APE9

Edit to add the Moto G4 Play

Hi @marthas.hs6woz,

In addition to Samsung’s Galaxy J3, the Moto G4 Play has a replaceable battery. The Moto G4 Play will be available in Republic’s online store beginning January 18th. Samsung’s Galaxy J3 is available there now.

Both phones are also supported as part of Republic’s bring your own phone program when purchased elsewhere. If you choose to bring your own then as referenced by @drm186, please be certain to match both model (and in some cases build number). More here: Republic Wireless 3.0 FAQs.

where do you see a replaceable battery for the Moto G4 Play?

from Motorola site Moto G⁴ Play - Unlocked Android Smartphone | Motorola

list it as an “all day” battery

and Republic site listed it as built in

Moto G PLAY (4th Gen.) Tech Specs

Edit Republic has updated the tech spec showing the Moto G4 play is with removable battery

(though Moto site still does not list this )

Just wanted to note that replaceable does not always equate to longer life!

Replacement batteries are usually OEM versions so it could be a mixed bag what kind of performance

you might end up getting from replacement batteries. Also, as the model gets older the batteries will

be harder to find or their incremental cost may not be worth the investment.

If not for battery life, for other reasons such as hardware, OS, storage space, etc - a cell phone will become

outdated and gradually unusable in 2-3 years.

From Google :slight_smile:

As my friend @amitl has capably pointed out, it’s all over Google. “All-day” doesn’t preclude the G4 Play’s battery from being removable. For what it’s worth, the removable battery in Samsung’s Galaxy J3 easily lasts a day in typical use as well. The latter is based on personal experience.

In reviewing the spec link… I ended up on Motorola’s website…I added the Moto G4 Play in my cart…then I continued browsing.

After a few seconds they gave me a pop-up indicating I could get “Extra 5% off” if I completed the sale in the next 20 minutes!

Talk about pressure sales!

then Republic needs to update the tech specs as it does list as built in (i.e. not removable)

@beng

@southpaw@rw

@drm186 Thanks for pointing this out! We’ve updated the tech specs to reflect that it is in fact removable.

@BenG

the sale page full techs still show as built in also

Moto G PLAY (4th Gen.) | Republic Wireless

I’m reasonably certain the sales page needs to be updated by the fine folks in Marketing. I’m confident @beng has passed word.

@drm186

Yes, @rolandh is correct. I’ve passed that info along and it should be updated soon as well.

While they are at it…maybe they should rephrase

“MicroSD slot (sold separately)”!

I’d assume the slot is included :slight_smile:

Message an
Expert customer