Replacement Phone Activation:

I replaced a damaged phone and returned the old one. It seems that I have activated the Republic app on the replacement phone, except for the final piece that actually “activates” it, because I do get WiFi and email. When I went to Settings, though, it showed that I had no SIM card; so I took out the SIM card (it had come from the old phone) and put it back in. A screen came indicating that Republic was activating and could take up to an hour. A couple minutes later, a screen came up saying “Unsupported phone”. It is a Moto X Pure, the same as my old phone, which is a supported phone. Now, I loop back to where I go to the Republic app, it says Uninstall or Open, I click Open and it goes to Buy a SIM card (it’s not recognizing the SIM card again?). What to do to finish activation?

Hi @nathanielh.ppwtkf,

With the SIM from your old Moto X Pure resident in the new Moto X Pure, please try “VoIPing” your new Moto X Pure. To do so:

1. Tap the Phone icon.
  2. Tap the Dialer icon.
  3. Dial ##8647##
  4. The dialer will disappear. If an activation screen appears, wait for the process to finish, then tap GREAT THANKS!.
  5. The Republic Wireless notification icon may disappear briefly then reappear. If the icon does not reappear after one minute, Restart your phone.

If that fails, did you receive a new SIM with the new Moto X Pure?

It works! Thanks!

My pleasure!

Message an
Expert customer