Replacing a Moto G5 plus - phone recs

I’m replacing a g5+ soon-ish. The phone has gotten increasingly laggy (is that a word?) and battery life is ■■■■. I’m intrigued by the Moto G Power, Moto G Stylus, and Pixel (3 or 4/4a). Open to other ideas.

Requirements:

• relatively inexpensive. My budget probably tops out at $350
  • good battery life
  • better camera
  • CDMA

Anything else I should consider? Can I just move my current SIM to the new phone?

Hi @stephanieb.p1tc1g, :slight_smile:

For good battery life I would go with the moto g power.
On the other hand for a great camera, the Pixels are hard to beat.
(Disclosure I am Pixel 3a user) :wink:

I see that one of your requirements is CDMA. I’m going to assume that the current SIM in your moto g5 is a CDMA in which case you will not be able to move the SIM. You’ll need to request a new one here for the new phone:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Thank you @SuperT - this is super helpful. Can you tell me about your Pixel 3a? What you love, don’t love, and whether you’re planning to upgrade soon?

What I love about the Pixel series is the camera, the phones operating software, its NFC (tap and pay) feature, and the monthly security updates.

I do have a soft spot for some of the moto specific software as well, but the lack of NFC (on the moto phones you mentioned), and fewer regular updates is why I go with the Pixel.

No, I try and keep my phone as long as I can. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer