Replacing lost phone

Hi all. I need to replace one lost and one damaged phone. We’d like to keep the same phone type (Moto E 2nd generation) and the same plan (Republic Refund 0 GB). For the damaged phone this seems pretty straightforward: we get the new phone, put the old SIM card from the damaged phone in it, get the Republic Wireless app downloaded, and go–is that right?

For the lost phone, I’ll need a new SIM card, obviously, but how do I make sure that the new SIM card will let me use the old plan? Or is that even a problem?

Thanks!

the Moto E 2nd Gen is no longer for sale and there are no new phones that will work for your plans

all new phones are 3.0 phones and need the 3.0 plans Our Most Affordable Plans at $15/month, with Unlimited Talk & Text | Republic Wireless

If you want to keep the 2.0 plan you must look at the used market and pick up a legacy phone

Buying and Selling Used Republic Wireless Phones

Republic_Wireless_1.0_and_2.0_Phones

• Moto E (1st Gen.) (XT1019)
  • Moto E (2nd Gen.) (XT1526)
  • Moto G (1st Gen.) (XT1031)
  • Moto G (3rd Gen.) (XT1548)
  • Moto X (1st Gen.) (XT1049)
  • Moto X (2nd Gen.) (XT1094)

all legacy phones are CDMA base and the SIMs are not link to your account but to the phone which is link to the account via the MEID, the SIMs are there just to access the LTE network of the CDMA carrier and must stay with the legacy phone (if you buy a legacy phone that does not have a SIM that should then Republic Support can send you one link to the phone)

(note 3.0 phones on the CDMA partners SIMs can not be swap between phones either and if they can not be reactive once deactivated )

Message an
Expert customer