Replacing Moto G 3rd generation - suggestions needed

My Moto G 3rd generation phone broke and I need to replace it. I don’t mind going to the new plan (My Choice Talk and Text).

What phone would you recommend for under $200?

Used mostly for talk text,and listening to music.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Hi @elizabethr.kzbfqk

If you have been happy with your Moto G3, I recommend the Moto G7 Play

Motorola moto g⁷ play - Prices, Features, Reviews – Republic Wireless

It’s just under your price target, has good performance and you are used to using a Motorola phone.

4 Likes

I just picked up a new G7 play off Amazon (the unlocked compatible version, not the prime version) for $149. There was a price cut and I took advantage of it. Drop a SD card in there and you’ve got a nice working phone.

5 Likes

Would this phone work with RW? https://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Vision-Display-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B07ZXHX5YH/ref=sr_1_41?keywords=moto%2BG7%2Bunlocked&qid■■■■■■■■■■■■sr=8-41&th=1

Hi @elizabethr.kzbfqk,

I’m afraid not as that’s the international valiant. Here’s the Republic compatible Moto G7 Play at Amazon:

3 Likes

no that the international model and at this time republic only supports the North American (US) factory unlocked phones and for the Moto G7 Play that’s 1952-4 (see supported phones)

Ok, thank you for your prompt help!

1 Like

This one from ebay will work? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Moto-G7-Play-Unlocked-32-GB-Deep-Indigo-US-Warranty-new-/324054364040

Hi @elizabethr.kzbfqk,

You’re most welcome! You would also need a new Republic SIM. The SIM in your Moto G3 is phone specific and cannot be used in any other phone. As you may know, Republic offers multiple coverage options for its newer compatible phones. Would you be comfortable sharing a zip code, for the purpose of pointing you to a SIM with appropriate coverage for your area?

1 Like

Sure. It is 75013

Hi @elizabethr.kzbfqk,

Amazon has the SIM you need also at $1:

Once both phone and SIM are in hand, Republic’s activation guidance is linked here:

2 Likes

Many thanks for your assistance!

2 Likes

Hi @elizabethr.kzbfqk,

My apologies as I’ve managed to miss the question regarding the phone at eBay. Presuming it’s accurately listed by the seller, it too would be Republic compatible. Please let us know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

Moto G7 unless you want to go high end. Based on using my Moto G4, aside from the Do Not Reply function glitch, and Wired magazine’s recommendation for a phone under $300 it looks like a really good value.

1 Like

I also had to replace my Moto 3rd gen phone. I ended up buying the Amazon version of the Moto X4 and have been quite happy with it. The battery life is good, the picture quality the same. and I was able to find one that was being sold as used, but in like new condition for $130 (it was like new). Mine is the 16 GB version, and that has been plenty, especially sine I use an SD card for my photos. I believe that Best Buy sells the same unlocked phone that is compatible with Republic, but with either of these, check with RW to make sure you’re getting the correct version. Another bonus with the unlocked version is that if you travel internationally you can put a Sim card in for that country and use it domestically in that country.

2 Likes

I bought a Moto G7 Power from RW to replace my wife’s Moto G3. She loves it since it is similar in operation to her old phone and goes 2 days between charges instead of needing to be charged three times a day.

2 Likes

I had the same problem and went to Ebay and bought a brand new G6 and I am VERY happy with it. I’m on my third G, they just don’t last forever. This is how I will do it from now on, buy the previous year phone.

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer