Replacing my Moto X (2nd Gen)

I need a new phone, my Moto X (2nd Gen) isn’t holding the battery and will shut off when I take pictures. I’m in the market for a new phone. I would rather purchase directly from the Republic Wireless store, although that limits me to what is available and certain pricing. I mainly use my phone for pictures, social media, messaging, etc. I don’t need it for gaming. I am looking at the Samsung S8 or the Moto X4, although I was also considering the Moto G6. Any ideas on what is best? I want to keep the price at the highest 600. Thanks for any help you can provide!

@michellef.yzghb8, that all depends on what you are willing to spend. Typically with any product, including cell phones, the more you spend the better product you get. If dropping the money on the S8 works in your budget, that is the way to go. If you need to be more budget conscious, then the Moto G6 with isn’t current promotion is the way to go. This link gives a pretty detailed list of features. It might help in the decision making. Detailed Supported Phone Features

Hello. I just replaced my X2 with a G6. I ordered it on Friday (8/31) so I don’t have it yet. However, I spent considerable time and energy reading reivews, etc.

My phone habits are similar to yours and after reading, and spreadsheet making, I decided the G6 was going to give me the best bang for my buck. Not the best camera, but saw some comparison photos btw X4 and G6 and the G6’s were better. I considered buying a Z model from Motorola for the 64 GB and 4GB ram, but with the current promotion for the G6 I decided I could risk not making the perfect choice. G6’s are a fairly recent release and I did like that, too.

I am concerned with the glass back and have been kicking myself for not ordering a case from RW when I ordered the phone.

Good luck with your decision-making process. I would love a suggestion or 2 for a G6 case.

Kelley

I really want a good camera with my phone, I think I read a similar article about the G6 camera, the glass back seems weird to me, thanks for your comments!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.