Replacing my previous Republic Wireless phone and plan with a Nexus 6P

I have had a Republic Wireless Moto X 2nd Gen (2014) for over a year now and have been happy with my plan, but I want to upgrade my phone to the Nexus 6P. Is there a way for me to do this without starting a new plan and receiving a new sim card? Or do I need to start from scratch and cancel my previous plan. I’d much rather just put my old SIM card into the new phone.

What would be the best way for me to buy the Nexus 6P if I have a pre-existing phone and plan with Republic Wireless?

Thanks!

The Nexus 6P will need a SIM. It will come with a SIM if purchased from RW. You will have to go on a new plan. When the Nexus 6P arrives and you start activating it you will be presented with an opportunity to move your number to it. When you take that option your Moto X (2nd Gen) will be deactivated. The SIM in yhour Moto X must stay with it even if you sell it to someone else.

If you want Sprint coverage and not TMobile’s coverage, then I believe you still have to buy the phone from Republic’s store.

Also a handful of folks have reported echo problems with this phone. There is suppose to be a fix for this, but you might want to check to see if it has been released and it actually fixes the issue. Note, that a handful of folks is not a lot folks, so most folks will not experience the echo problem.

Message an
Expert customer