Replacing one of my phones

Replacing one of my phones with another, my wife got her a new phone and trying to transfer her number to new phone, the old phone is in my name, she’s putting new phone in her new account, how to keep her old number.

Hi @rodneym.utp226,

You mention the old phone being in your account. Is the number your wife wishes to transfer currently on a phone linked to your account or is it currently with another service provider?

It’s in my republic wireless account, she’s wanting her own account, wants to keep her old number, both are republic wireless accounts, thanks.

Hi @rodneym.utp226,

Thank you for the additional context! The process for moving a number from one Republic account to another is described by Republic here: How to Move a Phone and Number to a New or Other Account – Republic Help. Where that talks about reactivating the phone her number is currently on, she can just substitute activating the new phone.

Hi @rodneym.utp226,

Rather than follow the guidance in my previous reply, please follow this Republic Help Center document: How to Move Your Number from One Account to Another – Republic Help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer