Replacing VOIP home phone with additional Republic line and extended home device

We have a legacy (VOIP) home phone number we want to keep and it looks like it would be a better deal to do that with an additional line from Republic plus the new extended home device. I still have an old Moto G phone (XT1031) but it isn’t listed as being supported. Do I really need to get another phone or is there a way to use the old MotoG?

1 Like

Hi @peterv.oqhty6,

The old Moto G (XT1031) is not compatible with Extend Home.

2 Likes

I do find several 3.0 and (Extend Home) elgible phones listed in the $65-200 range on the Republic Wireless Swappa page where they have partnered to bring used 3.0 phones to our users

2 Likes

OK, thanks for the quick response, on to plan B!

1 Like

Yes, I see that. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

I don’t know if this is against the rules or not…I assume not…
However you could activate the old Moto G (assuming you can) and buy one of those Bluetooth cordless phones and pair it. Just leave the moto G plugged in and on all the time.

1 Like

It is not, and depending on the OPs needs it may work as a solution. The primary differences would be that the phone has to be at home for the “home phone” to work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer