Republic Anywhere fails to open on desktop computer with error message

The Republic Anywhere application on my WIN10 PC was working fine yesterday. We had a power outage, and after I rebooted, it no longer works. Tried re-installing, tried clearing data, nadda.

Hi @deathblow,

Can you describe what “it no longer works” looks like? Is it presenting an error screen, or just failing to load?

I can definitely confirm that it stopped working after a weird random IP address change on the network. However, it looks like the error is about a “tag” during login… if I remove everything to redo logging in, it seems ok, but the moment that it begins syncing, it errors. The weird thing… I never got anything since last text message yesterday and it was working fine all this time. It only seemed to crash when I tried getting back on after the forced IP change.

Is RW’s server not working any longer?

Edit: Found the error on watching. According to it, when it gets to syncing contacts, its erroring because the AWS credentials apparently do not exist.

1 Like

Mine has quit working, too. As of this morning. Everything was fine yesterday. I tried reinstalling it, but ended up with the same failure.

My anywhere app on Windows 10 has quit working today too - On 2 different PC’s. Both of which I have been running Anywhere for a long time.

Same error message.

Me too, same error message. So does this mean I need to switch my text app to something like google messages to still text from my computer? I LOVE that feature!

I also tried uninstalling, downloading the latest republic app from the website and reinstalling - still the same error message.

Just confirming same error message upon attempting to load app. I am running Mac Big Sur. It stopped working this morning. I un-and-re-installed App with no luck. Then Big Sur had an update. I installed the update and nada. I deleted and reinstalled republic again. Still nothing. Something is def wrong.

I can say that if you have a decent network, as long as its single person messages and you don’t mind having a Microsoft account, you can sync your messages with the “Your Phone” app. If you have Bluetooth capabilities on your system and you have a decent headphone and mic, you can use it to also make calls. Unfortunately, both of which requires the phone always on and running fine.

I assume Google Messages is in the same boat.

Our engineers are looking into the failure of Republic Anywhere to launch on desktop computers.

3 Likes

Mine is now up and running again on my Windows 10 desktop.
That was very quick!
And appreciated!

Thanks again,
Greg

1 Like

The issue creating the error message screen has been resolved. @zapoqx , @vinced, @portlantaguy, @cathyb.zwdcbe, @janetv.allrt3, and @deathblow, please let me know if you’re still having any issues.

6 Likes

Works now, thanks!

2 Likes

Working on Mac…thank you

3 Likes

I received a GitHub issue for this exact issue so it affected Linux as well.

1 Like

Glad to see it fixed. Glad to see the AWS part of the error was the key to figuring it out too! Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer