Republic Anywhere is a fantastic app for expats

Hello everyone,
I think a lot of us here are somewhat disappointed with the innovation – or lack of – at Republic. Many have already jumped ship to other carriers and I can’t blame them.

But a real bright point of the company is the Republic Anywhere app. If you’re on Republic 2.0, then you can downgrade to the WiFI only plan, download the app on your international phone and computer, and receive your texts all over the world. My plan in Europe is 13 Euro for 6 GB, so for a combined ~$20 per month, I can text my friends using my American and European numbers and just the international phone. Meanwhile, my Moto X 1st gen will stay in my apartment in case I have to place a call to the US for whatever reason.

I think that’s a crazy good value for expats to stay in touch with friends and family. Good one, RW!!!..

7 Likes

Thanks for the ‘Review’, and to help ensure it will last a bit longer that its 30 days of fame, I have moved it to a category that is sticky: Reviews - Member Community

1 Like

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer