Republic Anywhere Memory Usage

rw_anywhere

I have installed Republic Anywhere(RA) and noticed that it is using 39.2MB of memory. While this is not a critical issue I was wondering if there is any way in future releases the memory usage could be toned down a bit. After all it is only a chat/text syncing application. Thanks for your continued effort to offer us a better wireless choice.

Sage

Hi @SageWolf,

I don’t know how memory management might be improved in forthcoming versions of Anywhere. I will say Anywhere is not merely a syncing application. Anywhere is a full-fledged Android messaging app.

For what it’s worth, it’s using 10.41 MB on my Moto X Pure. Google’s Android Messages uses twice that.

I am sorry I was not as specific as I should have been. The memory usage(40MB) is on my PC running Windows 10 Version 1703. I just hope that the memory usage can be toned down a bit. Sorry for any misunderstanding I may have caused.

Fair enough and certainly no need for an apology. For what it’s worth, Anywhere is using 96.2 MB for me on macOS. A secondary process (Republic Anywhere Helper) is actually using more RAM at 190.6 MB. Generally, I don’t concern myself with RAM management on my Mac. With 8GB of RAM onboard, it’s not been an issue for me.

Even on the desktop though, Anywhere isn’t just a syncing app. The desktop client maintains a discrete connection to Republic’s servers. This is why Anywhere on the desktop will continue to work even if one’s phone is off, lost, stolen, etc.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.