Republic Anywhere Now Available on Android Tablets!

releases
rw_anywhere

Today we’re excited to announce that Republic Anywhere is now available for Android Tablets and other non-Republic Android phones.

You can now download Republic Anywhere to your Android tablet or other Android phones running Android 5.1 or later.

For a complete list of release notes for this updated version, please see Republic Anywhere Android Update: Version 1.1.35 - 09/07/17

7 Likes

Great news! Finally I can say bye bye to Mightytext. Thanks to the Republic team. Outstanding work!

3 Likes

So far have it side loaded on Kindle Fire, waiting to see if it will sync. If this works, my texting life is complete!

UPDATE: Well, I’ll be a dirty bird, it works! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

AWESOMEEEEEE! Way to go RW.

2 Likes

Come on, make it for chrome books. I’ve been waiting for this.

0 Likes

Android support = Chromebook support for newer Chromebooks, you can just use the android app.

2 Likes

It’s on my phone but it doesn’t show on my chrome web store on my Chromebook

0 Likes

I have an Asus c300 Chromebook

0 Likes

It wont be on the Chrome Web store, it would be on Google Play.

0 Likes

Then how do I get it on Chromebook???

0 Likes

If it’s not already on then you should be able to enable it in the settings. If not I don’t know how.

0 Likes

I’ll check, thank you

0 Likes

I checked and no settings in my Chromebook. Android and chrome os are two different items

0 Likes

I don’t want to go off topic much more than this so I’ll leave you with this link.
https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7021273?hl=en
and.

4 Likes

In Hurricane Irma, Anywhere FAILS due to lack of wi-fi & 3-4g. Blocked other texting capabilities. Uninstalled. NO, you don’t troubleshoot in the middle of a Hurricane.

0 Likes

Does this have to be the default SMS app on my phone in order for it to work with my tablet?

0 Likes

This might be very useful on a deactivated Defy XT. You can also put a 911 button on it.

0 Likes

Perhaps, I’m missing something, however, to what is it you refer that might be useful on a deactivated DEFY XT? Anywhere for Android requires Android 5.1 (Lollipop).

1 Like

Please explain side loaded. I have a new Kindle Fire HD 8 that I would like to use Anywhere on. Any help appreciated.

0 Likes

@garym.j7txaw Here is how to side load an app. Side load is putting a non-Amazon app on your Kindle in this case. Instructions found in this link:

Once Anywhere is installed on your Kindle, go to Settings
Security
Apps from Unknown Sources - if you want to turn it off do so.

2 Likes

Message an
Expert customer