Republic App Available Outside of Google Play?

I’m looking to switch to a different OS for my Pixel 5 (LineageOS) and was wondering if the app is available through channels other than Google Play. Thank you!

EDIT/SOLUTION: F-DROID and Aurora Store both have this. As pointed out below, they are mirrors for downloading the APK and users assume responsibility for all risks associated with ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ downloading apps in a non-traditional manner.

The only official safe source for the Republic Wireless app is the Google Play Store. That being said, it’s available on several APK mirror sites. You load Lineage on you phone at your own risk. If Republic Wireless doesn’t work with your phone after you load it, it’s your own fault.

1 Like

I’m aware of the risks. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@matthewb FYI: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006371287-Rooting-and-User-Modification

1 Like

I’m…aware of the risks. Thank you.

With LineageOS, you have made a wise choice. Yes, you have both F-DROID and Aurora available to you, which is good. However, you should also give the microG Project a look, especially if you need any apps that are only available in the Google Play Store. It will help you obtain and update them without the need for a Google account (free at last!) and allow you greater control over those apps:

https://microg.org/

Abandoning Google (Scroogle) and Microsoft for LineageOS and Linux are two of the best things you can do for your privacy. Just remember that if you do install any apps through microG, there may be some that you use that will still send some information to Google, but you will be able to limit or maybe even stop that from happening in some of the ‘Play Store-only’ apps.
BTW, for Linux, I recommend Linux Mint. It is very user-friendly, and most everyone who uses it and switches to a different distro eventually return to Mint. It’s just that good.
Two good resources for you:

I also highly recommend using a VPN. NordVPN is an excellent option:

Here’s a good review of NordVPN for you:

I hope this information helps you.

Message an
Expert customer