Republic crapping on it's customers who have gotten them to this point

If you are going to offer a cheap phone with free service you should let your existing customers have a shot at it for a day before you sell them off to the public. We are the ones that have been there with you from the beginning and you don’t care.

3 Likes

They don’t care. And they’ll probably lock this thread to prove it.

3 Likes

because they want all post in the same thread Not cool, Republic. (Feedback about the Ascend 5W promotion).

disagree with how the 30 mintue sale was handeledbut agree with the 1 thread concept

@southpaw@rw

3 Likes

They’d make it a lot easier if they renamed (or edited) the “one thread” so it had a less obtuse name. While the title does indicate displeasure, it doesn’t say with what. That’s why new threads keep appearing – new posters may search for an existing thread about “Huawei offer” and not find it.

3 Likes

agree it should be renamed to include the the phone deal sellout

3 Likes

What other phone carrier offers an inexpensive phone with 6 months of free service and allows current customers to take advantage of the promotion?

None.

Nobody.

Promotions are for new customers, not existing customers.

3 Likes

I gotta say I find these outraged posts just a bit silly. RW is a business, they don’t owe any more than to provide the service promised. The email stated as supplies last, and while they certainly sold out sooner than anyone expected, somehow I doubt it was planned.

Even if your anger is justified try to see it from the side of RWs employees. I’m a retail supervisor, and during the Christmas season I frequently get the third degree from customers because we’ve sold out of product that was in the ad. Sometimes our buyers adequately predict how much product we’ll need, but more often than not they’ll fail to predict that product like magic tracks, or hatchimals would be the hot item for the season. It happened last year with the ‘Paw Patroller’ toy and it happened many more years back with the accursed ‘Zhu Zhu pets’.

Our buyers work in our corporate offices and I honestly couldn’t pick one of them out from a lineup. I have nothing to do with the ordering process nor does anyone else in the store. The only person in the building who can order anything is the pharmacist and that only extends to health items and medicines. And yet, the closer it gets to Christmas the more I get yelled at because we’ve sold out of something. It’s not fair to me, it’s not fair to the teammates who work under me, or the managers above me, but it happens anyway. Keep in mind the people putting out the flames are generally not the ones responsible for your displeasure in the first place.

3 Likes

and now they did rename it

3 Likes

They’d make it a lot easier if they renamed (or edited) the “one thread” so it had a less obtuse name. While the title does indicate displeasure, it doesn’t say with what. That’s why new threads keep appearing – new posters may search for an existing thread about “Huawei offer” and not find it.

Done.

They don’t care. And they’ll probably lock this thread to prove it.

I assure you that there is no lack of caring. Have a single unified thread makes it far easier for us to review all the feedback. I understand this is difficult for you to accept from your perspective, as I didn’t understand it before taking this role.

3 Likes

Hi @hdjayhawk,

This promotion was a “while supplies last” promotion and supplies went incredibly fast.

I am locking this thread in order to focus the feedback to a single location. Please continue the conversation here: Not cool, Republic. (Feedback about the Ascend 5W promotion).

Message an
Expert customer