Republic not quite Anywhere

What phone do you have?
Moto X4

What plan are you on?
My Choice Talk & Text + 2 GB Cell Data

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Data too.

Issue Description

I upgraded my Macbook Pro to Catalina (10.15.2), and Republic Anywhere no longer works.

The application runs, but no windows open. My only menu option is to “Quit.”

I really miss being able to text from my computer.

Help!

I have X4 and Win7, My Anywhere still works fine I use it every day! Will worry about changing when I have issues…

Hi @rndlph,

Did you remove the Macbook as an Anywhere endpoint? I’m not seeing it on your service line. When it fails, is there any option to submit a crash report? Is the “Help” option available at all?

What would removing it as an endpoint entail? I have not been running the application on the Mac for a while.

When it runs, “Quit” is the only menu option. No “Help” option appears. No windows. No error messages.

I am currently running Republic Wireless on a Windows 10 virtual machine (under Oracle’s Virtual Box) on this Mac, and it works just fine. But the .dmg installation is useless for Catalina. Is anyone else using it successfully with Catalina?

Thanks,
Dave

Hi @rndlph,

I asked if you had removed Anywhere as an endpoint - not to suggest doing that, but because I’m not seeing a Mac listed as one of your Anywhere devices. The correct language I should have used to ask would be, “Did you deregister the Mac from the Anywhere Help menu on a computer?”

I have seen other examples in our Help Tickets of members asking why Anywhere doesn’t work with Mac OS 10.15.2, so I think this will likely not be something that users can solve, but would take work from our developers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer